Are you already looking forward to your trip to Sweden? You can’t wait to experience Sweden’s beautiful nature, exciting parties and maybe even getting to know some of the locals? Then you might probably like to impress some Swedes with your brilliant language skills.
Useful stuff and knowledge about Sweden
- How to be Swedish
- Top 10 tipps how to learn Swedish
- Top 13 Swedish fashion brands you should check out on your Sweden-trip
Swedish words and sentences for your trip to Sweden
The following sentences and words are ideal for having a small-talk with Swedes. No matter when, while having having a chat with the taxi driver, talking to the hotel receptionist or when you want to introduce a flirty conversation with that beautiful person standing next to you at the hotel bar or night club.
For a proper Swedish pronunciation, watch the video below
- Hello! – Hej!
- Good day! – God dag!
- How are you? – Hur mår du?
- What’s up? – Vad händer?
- Where are you going? – Vart ska du?
- What time is it? – Vad är klockan?
- What are you doing tonight? – Vad gör du ikväll?
- Wow! – Wow!
- That tasted delicious! – Det smakade gott/fantastiskt!
- What’s your favorite dish? – Vilken är din favoriträtt?
- I like spaghetti. – Jag gillar spaghetti.
- I like meatballs. – Jag gillar köttbullar.
- How often do you come here? – Hur ofta kommer du hit?
- That’s wonderful! – Det är underbart!
- Thank you! – Tack!
- Thank you very much! – Tack så mycket!
- Good bye! – Hejdå!
So, now you’re well prepared for a (rather) fluent small-talk with Swedes. Or, well, at least you have some snippets to impress them with :)
Good luck! – Lycka till!
More about Sweden and Swedes
- Top 100 Swedish names for boys & girls
- Gift ideas for Sweden-lovers
- Books to read before you go to Sweden